Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Latest Project!

I've been searching for an end table just like this! I'm foreseeing a lovely country chic farmhouse style make over in its near future.  Now, let the sanding begin!

Below is a photo of the table after a day and a half of sanding.  I used a 400 grit sand paper to get the finish completely off.
  


After sanding, I applied one coat of stain to the table top. I love the look of a dark walnut stain!  You can find wood stains at any craft or home improvement stores.  I picked my walnut stain up from Michael's for about eight dollars.  You will also need brushes specifically for stains or disposable foam brushes.  I opt for the foam brushes because they come in an array of sizes and are significantly inexpensive.  You can only use a  foam brush once so remember to purchase more than one!

When staining, it is extremely important that you apply the stain evenly with the grain of the wood.  Failure to go with the grain will result in a streaky mess. Apply even coats with the grain. Once again, with the grain.  Here is a photo of the stained table top:

No comments:

Post a Comment